Nicholas R. Drouin28 Greenbriar Lane, Newtown, CT 06470
Objective To promote lifelong health and wellness benefits through individualized project-based learning, in addition to equipping students with the necessarymeans to assess health and problem solve to better his or herself.
Master of Exercise Science
California University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania. December 2015.
Bachelor of Science, Physical Education
Keene State College, Keene, NH. December 2008.
John Stark Regional High School, Weare, NH. June 2004.
Westside Middle School STEM & Global Studies Academy, Danbury, CT (2014-Present)
Assisted in opening a new magnet school including ongoing curriculum writing for physical education, health and Project Adventure for grades 6 through 8. In addition, leads intramurals and school-wide events.
Elementary Physical & Project Adventure
Hawley School and Reed Intermediate School, Newtown, CT (2013-2014)
Shared time teaching kindergarten through fourth grade and Project Adventure curriculum to sixth graders; after-school activities.
Elementary Physical Educator
Hawley School and Head O’Meadow School, Newtown, CT (2012-2013)
Shared time teaching kindergarten through fourth grade; single and double classes. Additionally, directed before-school running club, physical activity club and helped organize Jump Rope for Heart and Field Day.
Health & Physical Educator
Great Brook School, Antrim, NH (2011-2012)
Responsible for teaching grades 1-8 health and physical education. Additionally, directed intramural sports, wellness committee, school sports officiating, and track and field team.
Health & Physical Educator
Monadnock Regional School, Swanzey, NH (2010-2011)
Created and implemented health and wellness lessons for seventh and eighth graders involving NH health curriculum guidelines, guest speakers and project-based learning. Also involved in after school activities such as basketball, weightlifting, adventure club and agility training.
Rochester Middle School, Rochester, NH (2009-2010)
Created and implemented physical education and wellness lessons for sixth through eighth graders. Included teaching health, team teaching, advisory and assisting with intramurals.
- CT Physical Education (044)
- NYS Initial Teacher Certification (076)
- NH Provisional Teacher Certification (Physical Education)
- NH Intern Teacher Certification (Health)
- First Aid & CPR/AED (2012)
- Suicide Prevention Training
- IAABO Certified HS Basketball Official
- Intramurals (2014-Present)
- Dodgeball for Donations (2015-Present)
- Field Day (2011-2014)
- Step It Up Running Club (2012-2013)
- Project A.C.E.S. (2013)
- P.E. Favorites (2013)
- Track & Field Coach (2011)
- Intramural Flag Football Director (2011)
- Speed & Agility Training (2011)
- AAU Basketball Coach (2011)
- Weight Room Supervisor (2011)
- IAABO Basketball Official (2011- )
- Adventure Club (2010-2011)
- RMS Olympics (2010)
- Intramurals Club (2009-2010)
- CTAHPERD (2012-2014)
- AAHPERD National Conference (2011)
- NHAAHPERD (2009-2011)